View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002228||OXID eShop (all versions)||2.6. Administer orders||public||2010-12-01 02:46||2012-12-10 13:17|
|Product Version||4.4.4 revision 30554|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||4.5.2 revision 38481|
|Summary||0002228: Squares are displayed instead of doublebyte characters in PDF Invoice|
|Description||Using Master->Core, doublebyte text is used. However the PDF Invoice does not display the characters correctly. See attached example PDF.|
The PDF name is the actual name created by the system.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Enter doublebyte characters in Admin->Master->Core Settings. |
2. As a shopper make a purchase again using doublebyte characters.
3. Go to Admin->Orders and create a PDF.
|Additional Information||1. The reply to this same post in the forum was that possibly the font isn't available and to set one up.|
It might be helpful as more international users join OXID to have the PDF invoice function already properly handle major languages like Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
Just an idea.
2. Instruction how to setup new font in TCPDF:
1_イ.pdf (5,338 bytes)
Reminder sent to: Tokyoj
1. Layout in your attached PDF invoice is a mess because: you probably created new language in the eShop, but you didn't prepare the language files for this language. So in such case the names of language constants are displayed instead of (missing) texts.
2. The doublebyte characters are displayed as イベ because you probably installed eShop not as UTF8.
When eShop is installed as UTF8, the squares are displayed instead of doublebyte characters (i.e. instead of Japanese chars). In the file name - the characters are skipped at all. These issues will be investigated by us - if the only particular fonts are needed for TCPDF or there is some other reason.
||@Developers: please check the description of problem in duplicate bug entry 0002354|
1. according the attached file the shop was not set to utf; To set up shop for utf install db like utf and in config.inc.php parameter: $this->iUtfMode = '1';
2. in case to use Japanese fonts you must use font such as Arialunicid0. By default we using Arial. Export to pdf is implemented as module "invoicepdf", so you simple can overwrite it: replace used arial font with arialunicid0 font in cases where its needed (but the shop will be prepered only for Japanese language in this case). For multinationality support you additionally must check customer's country and then do a switch between fonts ant etc.
||updated invoice pdf module: added default font property and method getFont and replaced in code hard-coded 'arial' to this method. now its one place needed to change font type in this module.|