View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007203||OXID eShop (all versions)||6. ------ Setup -------||public||2020-12-21 12:01||2020-12-22 08:49|
|Status||closed||Resolution||unable to reproduce|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007203: Installation fails without shell access on the server|
|Description||Dear Sir or Madams,|
i try to install OXID on an Server just using FTP access. I dont have ssh access on that webspace.
The Setups first page showing the requirements ticks every requrement a green check. so everything should be on place.
|Steps To Reproduce||What i did:|
1. create a new Database with user and password (MySQL version MySQL5.6.19 is used by my provider so i turned block_nested_loop=off).
2. download tarballs from downloadpage: https://oxidforge.org/download/download-oxid-eshop-6-2-3-for-php-7-2-7-3?wpdmdl=32735&refresh=5fe07f421fafa1608548162
3. follow https://docs.oxid-esales.com/developer/en/6.1/getting_started/installation/eshop_installation_without_composer.html (special 2. -> without shell access)
4. upload the files to the FTP Server
5. Call setup -> setup starts -> All lights are green
6. follow step by step the setup (country=Germany, language=German, notification for updates = True, install demo shop = True)
7. klick finish -> i wait for several seconds
1. a error appears on the screen (500 internal error)
2. the database structure was created
3. when i go to the shop, the maintenance page is shown
|Additional Information||Shop URL|
i can reset when you want to try.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Database Version||MySQL 5.6|
please make sure that your environment meets the system requirements for installing and using the OXID eShop. For further information and a list of the system requirements, please check our Online Documentation: https://docs.oxid-esales.com/developer/en/6.2/getting_started/installation/environment_preparation.html
The System meets the requirements. Why this ticket is going to be closed? Its not fixed for me.
I checked the documentation, it meets all the requirements, this is confirmed by the first page of the installer. I checked all the needs manualy as well.
I followed the steps, by downloading the tar ball 6.2.3 and sticking to the documentation for the version 6.2. I run through the setup and was able to call the shop frontend and administration area without any errors. So I couldn't reproduce the issue.
You wrote <-- hints
1. a error appears on the screen (500 internal error) <-- Check your PHP error log. The error 500 is a general status which is thrown by the webserver. It means that somewhere in the stack an error happened and the webserver can't show a page because of that. From experience the PHP error log has the information.
3. when i go to the shop, the maintenance page is shown <-- check the source/log/oxideshop.log file for further information. When the shop shows the maintenance site, the framework often logged some more information in the mentioned log file.
To mark an reported issue as a bug, we need detailed information how to reproduce it on a default system.
In this case I recommend you to ask the support team if you have an maintenance contract or the community for support, as this case is likely a configuration issue on the system you try to install the shop. Please also note, that you linked the documentation for the version 6.1 which may be different to 6.2.