View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001706||OXID eShop (all versions)||4.09. SEO, SEO URL||public||2010-03-18 09:30||2012-12-10 13:35|
|Product Version||4.2.0 revision 23610|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||4.4.0 revision 28699|
|Summary||0001706: SEO definitions for articles (keywords and descr) are not stored for all access URLs|
|Description||When an article is present in more than one category, editing the values for keywords and meta description results in the following behaviour:|
1. The SEO entries for all but the main category get set "expired".
2. The vaules for keywords and descr get stored with the main SEO URL (the only one remaining unexpired at that moment).
3. When the article is accessed in one of the other categories, a NEW SEO entry is created - but for this one the keywords and descr are not spawned from the main entry, they remain empty. The old expired entries are still there, they could be reused.
1. SEO table gets bigger than necessary.
2. Keywords and Description are missing when the article is accessed from one of the other categories.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
After analyzing this bug an idea came out:
1. seo meta data (keywords, description) should be moved to different table (will name it oxobject2seodata);
2. present object meta data (kept in oxseo table) should be concatenated, there will be only ONE language specific meta info record for all object views (currently we can insert separate meta info for product which is accessed from vendor, category, manufacturer etc). We think, that meta info, entered for non primary object url is useless, as google indexes only MAIN object (where shows canonical url) page;
3. possibility to enter product seo data for category, vendor (etc.) will be removed. Only general meta data input field (for language) will be left in admin.